- Train undergraduates in mathematical research through a six-week summer program at MSRI in Berkeley, CA.
- Provide participating students opportunities to present their research at national conferences in the year following the summer program.
- Introduce participating students to a network of mentors through national societies known for their mentoring activities and professional support for students.
- Guide students in the process of applying to graduate programs and fellowships.
- Eighteen students will participate in research on Experimental Mathematics led by Dr. Victor Moll from the Tulane University, a post-doc and two graduate assistants
- Program dates: June 14 - July 27.
- Students who will finish their sophomore or junior year in 2008 are preferred. African American, Latino and Native American students are especially sought
- Each student will receive room and board, a $3,000 summer stipend, transportation to and from Berkeley, and funding to attend a national conference
- For further information go to the MSRI-UP description page or contact any one of the program Directors:
|Dr. Ivelisse Rubioemail@example.com||2008 on-site Director|
|Dr. Ricardo Cortezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Herbert Medinaemail@example.com|
|Dr. Suzanne Weekesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Duane Cooperemail@example.com|
Jul 25, 2008