- Receptionist (Non-exempt 40 hours per week) [Posted May 3, 2018]
- Director of Advancement & External Relations [Posted June 23, 2017]
Receptionist (Non-exempt 40 hours per week)
MSRI is seeking a Receptionist for a non-exempt, 40 hours per week position. The Receptionist reports directly to the Program Manager and is the first administrative point of contact for all members and visitors to MSRI. They are responsible for creating a welcoming environment and enhancing our guest and scientific member experiences during their visits to MSRI. Additionally, they assist with various office responsibilities as part of the administrative team. The Receptionist position is essential to the operation of the Institute.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform office reception and phone switchboard duties
- Provide administrative support to members, workshop participants and staff
- Generate check-in materials, distribute office keys and update members' database files
- Attend to members requests and coordinate resolution with other staff as needed
- Collect member and visitor documents and reimbursement paperwork
- Assist visitors through the check out process: collecting keys, refunding key deposits and assuring that exit surveys have been completed.
- Schedule seminars and email information to members
- Make hotel reservations for guest speakers
- Upload video information into national database
- Prepare workshop materials such as badges, schedules, forms, posters etc.
- Perform other general office projects, as requested
View full position description (PDF) for more information, including qualifications and compensation.
To apply: Please submit your intention to apply by email to email@example.com using the subject line "MSRI Receptionist". Include as email attachments the following 4 items of information (in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat file format). Only complete applications will be considered.
- Cover letter
- Three business references
- Date available
m/Oppenheim Associates is assisting MSRI in the search for a new Director for Advancement & External Relations. The organization seeks a proven fundraising professional to shape significant endowment campaigns, drive annual contributed revenue, and engage new donors from various fields of endeavor who will support fresh research into mathematics. For more information please review the complete Position Description.
MSRI is the world’s preeminent center for collaborative research in mathematics, and advances research into key unsolved mathematical problems for the physical sciences, economics, engineering, computing, communications, statistical analysis and the global financial system. The prime objective for this position is to develop strategies and campaigns that:
- Develop a 5 year campaign to add $27m to the current MSRI endowment of $23m, and then a second campaign to add another $50m to the endowment by 2030 for a total endowment of $100 million.
- Deliver Annual Fund Contributions of $4.5m by 2020 (up from about $3.5m in 2017).
- Diversifies and Broadens Donor Support for MSRI through use of conventional and social media marketing that communicates MSRI’s relevance to donors of different sectors (tech, finance, economics, medicine, etc).
Founded in 1982 and located in Berkeley, MSRI has a 2017 budget of $9.9 million, a staff of 21, and Board of 33. The Advancement Team includes the Executive Director, an Associate Director, admin support, and subcontractors including but not limited to web development, videography, and design of communications materials.
For additional information or to apply, please contact Mark Oppenheim or Patrick Salazar at info[at]moppenheim[dot]com.