Thanks to David R. Morrison for providing these instructions!
- Under the File menu, choose "Add Account".
- On the first screen, select IMAP as the account type, fill in something appropriate (like "MSRI") in the Account Description field, make any needed corrections in the Full Name field, and supply your MSRI email address "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- On the second screen, the incoming mail server is webmail.msri.org . You will also need to supply the password for your account.
- On the third screen, the outgoing mail server is again webmail.msri.org . Check the "use authentication" checkbox, and fill in your user name and password again.
- Hit a couple of buttons, and the account is created, but...
- Now from the Mail menu, select Preferences and choose Accounts in the top row. Choose your MSRI account in the left column.
- Click on the "Server Settings" button at the bottom, under "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) [it should be webmail.msri.org].
- In the new SMTP Server Options window, check the "Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)" box, and change the "Port" from 25 to 465. Next, choose "Password" for "Authentication". Enter in your MSRI User Name and Password. Hit OK.
- Back at the "Accounts" window, click on the "Advanced" along the top. Near the bottom, check the "Use SSL" box. This should change the Port from 143 to 993.
- Close the window, and when prompted, save your changes.
That's it, you are all set! If you need to make changes, or delete the account, you can do so from the Preferences menu item.