With our new external e-mail system, your $HOME/.forward or .procmailrc files will no longer have an effect on our mail system. In order to have the same effect, you can log in to your webmail account and set up a filter with the same rules. You can set up a rule replacing a .forward file with the following steps:
- Go to https://webmail.msri.org, log in with your MSRI username and password.
- Click on "Filters" at the top.
- Click on the "Add New Rule" button.
- Choose the "All" option in the first drop-down box that says "Header". This should then show "All Messages" next to the drop-down menu. You can ignore the other lines in this "CONDITION" section.
- Continue to the "ACTION" section and choose "Redirect to the following email address".
- A text box should appear with "firstname.lastname@example.org". Type in the address to which you would like your mail forwarded.
- Continue to the "ADDITIONAL ACTIONS" section and check the box next to the "STOP" sign at the bottom, next to "If this rule matches, do not check any rules after it."
- Click "Add New Rule" button.
Please note that this will forward all of your mail, including the spam you receive. If you create a spam rule in addition to your forwarding rule, please choose "STOP: If this rule matches, do not check any rules after it" for your spam rule and place it above your forwarding rule, so it has a lower number.