|Registration Deadline:||May 11, 2001 over 13 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||February 07, 2001 almost 14 years ago|
|Parent Program:||Spectral Invariants|
- Michael Anderson
- Olivier Biquard (École Normale Supérieure)
- Jean-Paul Brasselet
- Gilles Carron (Université de Nantes)
- C. Graham
- Daniel Grieser
- Laszlo Lempert
- John Lott (University of California, Berkeley)
- Ryszard Nest
- Peter Perry
- Raphael Ponge
- Michael Shubin
- Boris Vaillant
- András Vasy
- Xiaodong Wang
- Jared Wunsch (Northwestern University)
As part of the Spring 2001 program on Spectral Invariants, MSRI will host a one-week workshop on Geometric Scatttering Theory and Elliptic Theory on Noncompact and Singular Spaces. This workshop will focus on problems of a scattering theoretic nature for geometric operators on manifolds with asymptotically regular geometries, and also on spectral theory and related questions of invertibility of such operators on singular spaces. The emphasis will be on the consideration of new problems and the dissemination of new techniques.
Topics will include:
- scattering theory on manifolds with geometric structure at infinity
- scattering theory in the presence of stratified media
- propagation of singularities for solutions of the wave equation on the complement of obstacles with singularities
- the asymptotic distribution of resonances, and connections with the geometry at infinity
- L^2 and Hodge cohomology for complete and singular spaces
- index and elliptic theory on manifolds with corners and on stratified spaces
- index theory for non-classically elliptic operators, e.g. sub-elliptic operators in the Heisenberg calculus
- index theory for Fourier integral operators
- behaviour of global spectral-theoretic invariants under various types of geometric degeneration
- nonlinear elliptic asymptotic boundary problems
FUNDING APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 26, 2001
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Rose Garden Inn. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on Corporate at the bottom of the screen and when prompted enter code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code a new calendar will appear and will show MSRI rate on all room types available.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link and enter the promo/corporate code MSRI123. Our preferred rate is $129 per night for a Deluxe Queen/King, based on availability.
Additional lodging options (short term housing page - Short Term Housing