|Registration Deadline:||September 16, 2000 almost 17 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||June 14, 2000 about 17 years ago|
MSRI will host a conference in honor of its Founding Director, Shing Shen Chern, this fall. The conference will represent Mathematics in a very broad context: Academic research will be represented by some of Chern's accomplishments for mathematics in the US, in China, and in the world. The conference will also include a broad context for mathematics and stress the relation of mathematics to science, industry, education, and society through talks by leaders in these areas.
Among those who have agreed to speak are:
- Leonard Adleman, University of Southern California
- Robert Bryant, Duke University
- S. Y. Cheng, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Jeremy Gray, Open University
- Brian Greene, Columbia University
- John Gage, Sun Microsystems
- Phillip A. Griffiths, Director, Institute for Advanced Study
- Richard Karp, UC Berkeley
- Tom Leighton, Akamai Technologies and MIT
- Isadore Singer, MIT
- S.T. Yau, Harvard University
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link and enter the promo/corporate code MSRI123. Our preferred rate is $129 per night for a Deluxe Queen/King, based on availability.
Additional lodging options (short term housing page - Short Term Housing
Sep 14, 2000
Sep 15, 2000
Sep 16, 2000