|Location:||MSRI: Baker Board Room, Atrium|
- Ana Berrizbeitia (University of Iowa)
- Natasha Cayco Gajjic
- Cindy Enrigue
- Ricela Feliciano-semidei
- Richard Garcia Lebron
- Nathan Kallus
- Gerard Koffi
- Alexander Moll (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Aileen Nguyen
- Laine Noble
- Ivan Ojeda
- Marcos Ortiz
- Jason Rosenberg
- Jessica Stigile
- Loraine Torres Castro
- Bobby Wilson (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Kevin Wingfield
The MSRI-UP is a comprehensive program for undergraduates that aims at increasing the number of students from underrepresented groups in mathematics graduate programs. MSRI-UP includes summer research opportunities, mentoring, workshops on the graduate school application process, and follow-up support.
MSRI-UP 2008: Experimental Mathematics
The MSRI-UP will:
- Train undergraduates in mathematical research through a six-week summer program at MSRI in Berkeley, CA.
- Provide participating students opportunities to present their research at national conferences in the year following the summer program.
- Introduce participating students to a network of mentors through national societies known for their mentoring activities and professional support for students.
- Guide students in the process of applying to graduate programs and fellowships.
Details of the 2008 summer program:
- Eighteen students will participate in research on Experimental Mathematics led by Dr. Victor Moll from the Tulane University, a post-doc and two graduate assistants
- Students who will finish their sophomore or junior year in 2008 are preferred. African American, Latino and Native American students are especially sought
- Each student will receive room and board, a $3,000 summer stipend, transportation to and from Berkeley, and funding to attend a national conference
The directors of MSRI-UP are:
- Dr. Ricardo Cortez - email@example.com
- Dr. Duane Cooper - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Herbert Medina - email@example.com
- Dr. Ivelisse Rubio - firstname.lastname@example.org - 2009 on-site director
- Dr. Suzanne Weekes - email@example.com
MSRI-UP is supported by grants from the National Security Agency (NSA) and the National Science Foundation (NSF), a donation from the Gauss Research Foundation in Puerto Rico, and The Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI).
Jul 25, 2008