|Registration Deadline:||January 23, 2014 about 3 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||October 23, 2013 over 3 years ago|
|Parent Program:||Algebraic Topology|
|Location:||Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley CA|
- Julie Bergner (University of Virginia)
- Anna Marie Bohmann (Northwestern University)
- Safia Chettih (University of Oregon)
- Cristina Costoya (Universidade da Coruña)
- Teena Gerhardt (Michigan State University)
- John Harper (Ohio State University)
- Kathryn Hess (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL))
- Mona Merling (University of Chicago)
- Angelica Osorno (Reed College)
- Emily Riehl (Johns Hopkins University)
- Marcy Robertson (University of Melbourne)
- Carmen Rovi (University of Edinburgh)
- Simona Settepanella (Hokkaido University)
- Jean Verrette (University of Hawaii at Manoa)
- Nathalie Wahl (University of Copenhagen)
- Kirsten Wickelgren (Georgia Institute of Technology)
This two-day workshop will consist of short courses given by prominent female mathematicians in the field. These introductory courses will be appropriate for graduate students, post-docs, and researchers in related areas. The workshop will also include a panel discussion featuring successful women at various stages in their mathematical careers.
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Rose Garden Inn, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on Corporate at the bottom of the screen and when prompted enter code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code a new calendar will appear and will show the MSRI rate on all room types available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link and enter the promo/corporate code MSRI123. Our preferred rate is $129 per night for a Deluxe Queen/King, based on availability.
MSRI has preferred rates of $149 - $189 plus tax at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can either call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount; or go to www.hotelshattuckplaza.com and click Book Now. Once on the reservation page, click “Promo/Corporate Code“ and input the code: msri.
MSRI has preferred rates of $110 - $140 at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select “I am an individual traveler affiliated with MSRI”.
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Jan 23, 2014
Jan 24, 2014