|Registration Deadline:||May 02, 2016 3 months from now|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||February 02, 2016 9 days ago|
|Parent Program:||Differential Geometry|
- Richard Bamler (University of California, Berkeley)
- Simon Brendle (Stanford University)
- Eleonora Di Nezza (Imperial College, London)
- Vincent Guedj (Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse)
- Tom Ilmanen (ETH Zürich)
- Bruce Kleiner (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Lei Ni (University of California, San Diego)
- Felix Schulze (University College)
- Natasa Sesum (Rutgers University)
- Miles Simon (Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg)
- Jian Song (Rutgers University)
- Gang Tian (Princeton University)
- Peter Topping (University of Warwick)
- Lu Wang (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Ben Weinkove (Northwestern University)
The workshop will concentrate on parabolic methods in both Riemannian and complex geometry. The topics will include
- Ricci flow. Analytic questions about Ricci flow in three dimensions. Possible applications of Ricci flow to 4-manifold topology. Ricci flow in higher dimensions under curvature assumptions.
- Kähler-Ricci Flow. Applications to the Kähler-Einstein problem. Connections to the minimal model program. Study of Kähler-Ricci solitons and limits of Kähler-Ricci flow.
- Mean curvature flow. Singularity analysis. Generic mean curvature flow.
- Other geometric flows such as Calabi flow and pluriclosed flow.
Organized in partnership with:
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Rose Garden Inn, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code, a new calendar will appear an will show the MSRI rate on all room types available. Click the gold "View Full Calendar" button to see the lowest rate for each day.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code 123MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has a preferred rate at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount. To book online visit this page. You must select "My dates are: Firm" in order to use the promotional code. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select “I am an individual traveler affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI.” When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page. Easton Hall select "Request a Reservation" pick the dates you would like to stay, once you are ready to reserve use the Promotional Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.