|Registration Deadline:||November 17, 2014 about 1 month from now|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||August 17, 2014 about 1 month ago|
|Parent Program:||Geometric Representation Theory|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Konstantin Ardakov (University of Oxford)
- Joseph Bernstein (Tel Aviv University)
- Alexander Braverman (Brown University)
- Ngô Bảo Châu (University of Chicago)
- Hélène Esnault (FU Berlin)
- Dennis Gaitsgory (Harvard University)
- Alexander Goncharov (Yale University)
- Julia Gordon (University of British Columbia)
- Gerard Laumon (Université Paris-Sud (Orsay))
- Ivan Mirkovic (University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
- Hiraku Nakajima (Kyoto University)
- Yiannis Sakellaridis (Rutgers University)
- Marie-France Vigneras (Université de Paris VII (Denis Diderot))
- Geordie Williamson (Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik)
- Zhiwei Yun (Stanford University)
- Xinwen Zhu (California Institute of Technology)
The workshop will focus on the role of categorical structures in number theory and harmonic analysis, with an emphasis on the setting of the Langlands program. Celebrated examples of this theme range from Lusztig's character sheaves to Ngo's proof of the Fundamental Lemma. The workshop will be a forum for researchers from a diverse collection of fields to compare problems and strategies for solutions.
Additional funding provided by:
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Rose Garden Inn, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on Corporate at the bottom of the screen and when prompted enter code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code a new calendar will appear and will show the MSRI rate on all room types available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link and enter the promo/corporate code MSRI123. Our preferred rate is $129 per night for a Deluxe Queen/King, based on availability.
MSRI has preferred rates of $149 - $189 plus tax at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can either call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount; or go to www.hotelshattuckplaza.com and click Book Now. Once on the reservation page, click “Promo/Corporate Code“ and input the code: msri.
MSRI has preferred rates of $110 - $140 at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select “I am an individual traveler affiliated with MSRI”.
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.