Home » Workshop » Schedules » Convenient Calculus and Differential Geometry in Infinite dimensions, with Applications to Diffeomorphism Groups and Shape Spaces
Convenient Calculus and Differential Geometry in Infinite dimensions, with Applications to Diffeomorphism Groups and Shape Spaces
December 07, 2013 (11:40 AM PST - 12:15 PM PST)
Peter Michor (Universität Wien)
Primary Mathematics Subject Classification
No Primary AMS MSC
Secondary Mathematics Subject Classification
No Secondary AMS MSC
1. A short introduction to convenient calculus in infinite dimensions.
2. Manifolds of mappings (with compact source) and diffeomorphism
groups as convenient manifolds
3. A diagram of actions of diffeomorphism groups 4. Riemannian geometries of spaces of immersions, diffeomorphism groups, and
shape spaces, their geodesic equations with well posedness results and vanishing geodesic
5. Riemannian geometries on spaces of Riemannian metrics and pulling them
back to diffeomorphism groups.
6. Robust Infinite Dimensional Riemannian manifolds,
and Riemannian homogeneous spaces of diffeomorphism groups.
We will discuss geodesic equations of many different metrics on these spaces and make contact to many well known equations (Cammssa-Holm, KdV, Hunter-Saxton, Euler for ideal fluids).
No Notes/Supplements Uploaded
No Video Files Uploaded