|To apply for Funding you must register by:||March 11, 2015 3 months ago|
|Parent Program:||Geometric and Arithmetic Aspects of Homogeneous Dynamics|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Nalini Anantharaman (Université de Strasbourg)
- Emmanuel Breuillard (Université de Paris XI)
- Marc Burger (Eidgenössische TH Zürich-Hönggerberg)
- Alex Eskin (University of Chicago)
- Hillel Furstenberg (Hebrew University)
- Hillel Furstenberg (Hebrew University)
- Ilya Gekhtman (Yale University)
- Alexander Gorodnik (University of Bristol)
- Shirali Kadyrov (Nazarbayev University)
- Anatole Katok (Pennsylvania State University)
- François Ledrappier (University of Notre Dame)
- Han Li (University of Texas)
- Elon Lindenstrauss (Hebrew University)
- Michael Magee (Institute for Advanced Study)
- Gregory Margulis (Yale University)
- Maryam Mirzakhani (Stanford University)
- Amir Mohammadi (University of Texas)
- Hee Oh (Yale University)
- Jean-François Quint (Université de Bordeaux I)
- Federico Rodriguez Hertz (Pennsylvania State University)
- Alireza Salehi Golsefidy (University of California, San Diego)
- Uri Shapira (Technion---Israel Institute of Technology)
- Andreas Strombergsson (Uppsala University)
- Corinna Ulcigrai (University of Bristol)
- Peter Varju (University of Cambridge)
- Zhiren Wang (Pennsylvania State University)
- Lei Yang (Hebrew University)
- Nicolas de Saxce (Université de Paris XIII (Paris-Nord))
The Advances in Homogeneous Dynamics workshop will feature the speakers whose work is at the forefront of the field. There will be a panel discussion accompanied by an open problem session to lay out possible directions for the research in homogeneous dynamics. Talks will be in a broad range of topics and this will help to build more connections between researchers interested in dynamical systems, number theory and geometry. For example we hope that the involvement of the participants of the other program held at MSRI during the same academic year (Dynamics on Moduli Spaces of Geometric Structures, Spring 2015) would create new connections between the topics. There will be shorter talks presented by early-career researchers
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Rose Garden Inn, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code, a new calendar will appear an will show the MSRI rate on all room types available. Click the gold "View Full Calendar" button to see the lowest rate for each day.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code 123MSRI (this code is not case sensitive). Our lowest preferred rate is $139 per night for a Deluxe Queen, based on availability.
MSRI has a preferred rate of $174 plus tax at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount. To book online visit this page. You must select "My dates are: Firm" in order to use the promotional code. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates of $130 - $160 at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select “I am an individual traveler affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI.” When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
May 11, 2015
May 12, 2015
May 13, 2015
May 14, 2015
May 15, 2015