|To apply for Funding you must register by:||January 13, 2015 23 days from now|
|Parent Program:||Dynamics on Moduli Spaces of Geometric Structures|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Ian Agol (University of California, Berkeley)
- Francis Bonahon (University of Southern California)
- Bertrand Eynard
- Sergei Gukov (California Institute of Technology)
- Ursula Hamenstädt (Universität Bonn)
- Fanny Kassel (Université de Lille I (Sciences et Techniques de Lille Flandres Artois))
- Qiongling Li (Rice University)
- Kathryn Mann (University of California, Berkeley)
- Pranav Pandit (University of Vienna)
- Anne Parreau (Université de Grenoble I (Joseph Fourier))
- Maria Beatrice Pozzetti (ETH Zurich)
- Andrés Sambarino (Université de Paris VII (Denis Diderot) et Université de Paris VI (Pierre et Marie Curie))
- Tengren Zhang (University of Michigan)
The Research Workshop of the ``Dynamics on moduli spaces of geometric structures'' will concentrate on some of the following general interrelated themes:
(1) Geometric structures on the spaces of geometric structures which extend and generalize classical constructions on Teichmüller spaces, such as the Weil-Petersoon metric, the pressure metric, the Teichmüller metric and its geodesic flow, Fenchel-Nielsen coordinates, Fock-Goncharov Thurson-Penner coordinates, and the symplectic and Poisson geometries
(2) Relations with harmonic maps, Riemann surfaces, complex geometry: specifically Higgs bundles, holomorphic differentials (quadratic, cubic, etc.) as parameters for representations of the fundamental group, hyperkähler and complex symplectic geometry of moduli spaces, lifts of Teichmüller geodesic flows to flat bundles of character varieties
(3) Asymptotic properties of higher Teichmüller spaces, including generalized measured geodesic laminations, Culler-Morgan-Shalen asymptotics of character varieties, degenerations of geometric structures and discrete subgroups
(4) Actions of mapping class groups and outer automorphism groups, properness criteria for Anosov representations and their generalizations, properness criteria for non-discrete representations, chaotic actions of mapping class groups and the monodromy map from structures to representations
(5) Classification of exotic geometric structures, tameness criteria, generalizations of ending lamination-type invariants to higher rank structures, rigidity and flexibility for thin subgroups, arithmeticity conditions, and geometric transitions
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Rose Garden Inn, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on Corporate at the bottom of the screen and when prompted enter code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code a new calendar will appear and will show the MSRI rate on all room types available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link and enter the promo/corporate code 123MSRI. Our preferred rate is $139 per night for a Deluxe Queen/King, based on availability.
MSRI has preferred rates of $149 - $189 plus tax at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can either call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount; or go to www.hotelshattuckplaza.com and click Book Now. Once on the reservation page, click “Promo/Corporate Code“ and input the code: msri.
MSRI has preferred rates of $110 - $140 at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select “I am an individual traveler affiliated with MSRI”.
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.