|Registration Deadline:||October 23, 2015 about 1 month from now|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||July 19, 2015 about 1 month ago|
|Parent Program:||New Challenges in PDE: Deterministic Dynamics and Randomness in High and Infinite Dimensional Systems|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Thomas Alazard (École Normale Supérieure)
- Ioan Bejenaru (University of California, San Diego)
- Thierry Bodineau (École Polytechnique)
- Nicolas Burq (Université de Paris XI)
- Emmanuel Candes (Stanford University)
- Sandra Cerrai (University of Maryland)
- Sourav Chatterjee (Stanford University)
- Arnaud Debussche (Ecole Normale Supérieure de Rennes)
- Thomas Duyckaerts (Université de Paris XIII (Paris-Nord))
- Patrick Gerard (Université de Paris XI)
- Pierre Germain (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Martin Hairer (University of Warwick)
- Zaher Hani (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Alexandru Ionescu (Princeton University)
- David Kelly (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Davar Khoshnevisan (University of Utah)
- Herbert Koch (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn)
- Andrew Majda (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Yvan Martel (École Polytechnique)
- Andrea Montanari (Stanford University)
- Carl Mueller (University of Rochester)
- Benoit Pausader (Princeton University)
- Jeremy Quastel (University of Toronto)
- Wilhelm Schlag (University of Chicago)
- Benjamin Schlein (Institute of Mathematics)
- Jalal Shatah (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Gigliola Staffilani (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Andrew Stuart (University of Warwick)
- Catherine Sulem (University of Toronto)
- Srinivasa (Raghu) Varadhan (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Luis Vega (Universidad del País Vasco/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea)
- Monica Visan (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Sijue Wu (University of Michigan)
- Lai-Sang Young (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Lorenzo Zambotti (Université de Paris VI (Pierre et Marie Curie))
- Anne de Bouard (École Polytechnique)
- jorge kurchan (École Normale Supérieure)
This workshop serves to bring into focus the fundamental aim of the jumbo program by both a) showcasing the spectacular progress in recent years in the study of both nonlinear dispersive as well as stochastic partial differential equations and b) bringing to the fore the key challenges for the future in quantitatively analyzing the dynamics of solutions arising from the flows generated by deterministic and non-deterministic evolution differential equations, or dynamical evolution of large physical systems.
During the two weeks long workshop, we intertwine talks on a wide array of topics by some of the key researchers in both communities and aim at highlighting the most salient ideas, proofs and questions which are important and fertile for `cross-pollination’ between PDE and SPDE. Topics include: Global dynamics and singularity formation for geometric and physical nonlinear wave and dispersive models (critical and supercritical regimes); dynamics of infinite dimensional systems (critical phenomena, multi scale dynamics and metastability); symplectic structures of infinite dimensional dynamical systems; randomization and long time dynamics, invariant Gibbs and weighted Wiener measures; derivation of effective dynamics in quantum systems; weak turbulence phenomena; optimization and learning algorithms: distributed, stochastic and parallel.
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Rose Garden Inn, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code, a new calendar will appear an will show the MSRI rate on all room types available. Click the gold "View Full Calendar" button to see the lowest rate for each day.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code 123MSRI (this code is not case sensitive). Our lowest preferred rate is $139 per night for a Deluxe Queen, based on availability.
MSRI has a preferred rate of $174 plus tax at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount. To book online visit this page. You must select "My dates are: Firm" in order to use the promotional code. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page. When prompted, select the "Promo/Corporate Code" option and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates of $130 - $160 at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select “I am an individual traveler affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI.” When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rate of $71 or $83 at the Easton Hall, depending on whether the room has a private bathroom. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page. Easton Hall select "Request a Reservation" pick the dates you would like to stay, once you are ready to reserve use the Promotional Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.