|To apply for Funding you must register by:||July 25, 2016 almost 3 years ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Mark Bell (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Matthew Clay (University of Arkansas)
- Spencer Dowdall (Vanderbilt University)
- Cornelia Drutu (University of Oxford)
- Matthew Durham (University of Michigan)
- Mark Feighn (Rutgers University)
- Ursula Hamenstädt (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn)
- Michael Handel (Herbert H. Lehman College, CUNY)
- Eriko Hironaka (Florida State University)
- Camille Horbez (Université de Paris XI)
- Christopher Leininger (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Johanna Mangahas (University at Buffalo (SUNY))
- Dan Margalit (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Yair Minsky (Yale University)
- Kasra Rafi (University of Toronto)
- Samuel Taylor (Yale University)
- Karen Vogtmann (University of Warwick)
A four-day workshop with research-level talks on the latest advances in the geometry of mapping class groups and Out(F_n), and spaces on which they act.Show less
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Oct 25, 2016
Oct 26, 2016
Oct 27, 2016
Oct 28, 2016