|To apply for Funding you must register by:||June 27, 2016 about 1 year ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Uri Bader (Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Yves Benoist (Université de Paris XI)
- Michelle Bucher (Université de Genève)
- Ruth Charney (Brandeis University)
- Talia Fernós (University of North Carolina)
- Thomas Haettel (Université de Montpellier)
- Mark Hagen (University of Cambridge)
- Ursula Hamenstädt (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn)
- Dominique Hulin (Université de Paris XI)
- Kasia Jankiewicz (McGill University)
- Nir Lazarovich (ETH Zürich)
- John Mackay (University of Bristol)
- Piotr Przytycki (McGill University)
- Roman Sauer (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Petra Schwer (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Alessandro Sisto (ETH Zürich)
- Anne Thomas (University of Sydney)
The theme of the workshop is algebraic, geometric and analytical aspects of groups that act by isometries on spaces of non-positive curvature known as CAT(0) spaces. The world of CAT(0) spaces includes classical spaces such as symmetric spaces and buildings, as well as more avant-garde arrivals, such as CAT(0) cube complex. The workshop will bring together researchers studying various aspects of such groups and spaces to discuss recent developments and chart new directions in the field.
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268 OR directly on their website. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code 123MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has a preferred rate at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Sep 27, 2016
Sep 28, 2016
Sep 29, 2016
Sep 30, 2016