|Registration Deadline:||February 23, 2017 3 months ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||November 06, 2016 7 months ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Valentin Blomer (Georg-August-Universität zu Göttingen)
- Jordan Ellenberg (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Daniel Fiorilli (University of Ottawa)
- Gergely Harcos (Central European University)
- Florent Jouve (Université de Bordeaux I)
- Youness Lamzouri (York University)
- Robert Lemke Oliver (Tufts University)
- Kaisa Matomäki (University of Turku)
- Philippe Michel (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL))
- Ian Petrow (ETH Zürich)
- Maksym Radziwill (McGill University)
- Will Sawin (ETH Zürich)
- Anders Sodergren (Chalmers University of Technology)
There will be three minicourses, each three hours long:
(1) K. Matomäki and M. Radziwill on multiplicative functions
(2) Ph. Michel on trace functions and their applications
(3) I. Petrow on Kuznetsov formula, Kloostermania and applications
All other talks are one-hour long and will be targeted to a wide audience. In particular, speakers will attempt to give lectures that are also accessible to the participants of the Harmonic Analysis Programme.
To help introduce the topics of the workshop to members of the harmonic analysis program, there will be a 45 minutes introductory lecture by Ph. Michel targeted for them.
Analytic number theory
Multiplicative number theory
Exponential sums over finite fields
Arithmetic Quantum Chaos
Epstein zeta functions
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268 OR directly on their website. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code 123MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has a preferred rate at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (email@example.com).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Feb 06, 2017
Feb 07, 2017
Feb 08, 2017
Feb 09, 2017
Feb 10, 2017