|Registration Deadline:||May 01, 2018 4 months ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||June 05, 2017 about 1 year ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Federico Ardila (San Francisco State University)
- Satyan Devadoss (University of San Diego)
- Samuel Fiorini (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- João Gouveia (University of Coimbra)
- Martina Juhnke-Kubitzke (Universität Osnabrück)
- Matthew Kahle (Ohio State University)
- Nathan Linial (Hebrew University)
- Fu Liu (University of California, Davis)
- Eran Nevo (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Kathryn Nyman (Willamette University)
- Janos Pach (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL))
- Francisco Santos Leal (University of Cantabria)
- Raman Sanyal (Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt)
- Pablo Soberón (Northeastern University)
- Liam Solus (Royal Institute of Technology (KTH))
- Cynthia Vinzant (North Carolina State University)
- Josephine Yu (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Günter Ziegler (Freie Universität Berlin)
The introductory workshop will present the main topics that will be the subject of much of the Geometric and Topological Combinatorics Program at MSRI. Key areas of interest are point configurations and matroids, hyperplane and subspace arrangements, polytopes and polyhedra, lattices, convex bodies, and sphere packings. This workshop will consist of introductory talks on a variety of topics, intended for a broad audience.
Bibliography (PDF)Show less
point configurations and matroids
hyperplane and subspace arrangements
polytopes and polyhedra
and sphere packings
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has a preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Sep 05, 2017
Sep 06, 2017
Sep 07, 2017
Sep 08, 2017