|Registration Deadline:||April 13, 2018 10 months from now|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||January 09, 2018 7 months from now|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Roman Bezrukavnikov (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Jonathan Brundan (University of Oregon)
- Joseph Chuang (City University)
- Persi Diaconis (Stanford University)
- Olivier Dudas (Université Paris 7 - Paris Diderot)
- Ben Elias (University of Oregon)
- Meinolf Geck (Universität Stuttgart)
- Radha Kessar (City, University of London)
- Burkhard Kuelshammer (Friedrich-Schiller-Universität)
- Martin Liebeck (Imperial College, London)
- Benjamin Sambale (Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern)
- Aner Shalev (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Peng Shan (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS))
- Britta Späth (Bergische Universität-Gesamthochschule Wuppertal (BUGH))
- Jay Taylor (University of Arizona)
- Donna Testerman (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL))
- Carolina Vallejo (Instituto de Ciencias Matematicas (ICMAT))
- Geordie Williamson (University of Sydney)
The workshop will bring together key researchers working in various areas of Group Representation Theory to strengthen the interaction and collaboration between them and to make further progress on a number of basic problems and conjectures in the field. Topics of the workshop include
-- Global-local conjectures in the representation theory of finite groups
-- Representations and cohomology of simple, algebraic and finite groups
-- Connections to Lie theory and categorification, and
-- Applications to group theory, number theory, algebraic geometry, and combinatorics.
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Durant, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268 OR directly on their website. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code 123MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has a preferred rate at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.