|Registration Deadline:||January 30, 2019 12 days from now|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||October 15, 2018 3 months ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Carolina Araujo (Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics (IMPA))
- Irina Bobkova (Institute for Advanced Study)
- Lucia Caporaso (University of Rome, Roma 3)
- Kristin DeVleming (University of California, San Diego)
- Laure Flapan (Northeastern University)
- Tina Kanstrup (Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik)
- Inbar Klang (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL))
- Wieslawa Niziol (CNRS, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon)
- Rita Pardini (Università di Pisa)
- Julie Rana (Lawrence University)
- Sarah Scherotzke (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster)
- Brooke Shipley (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Vesna Stojanoska (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Montserrat Teixidor
- montserrat teixidor i bigas (Tufts University)
- Inna Zakharevich (Cornell University)
This workshop will be on different aspects of Algebraic Geometry relating Derived Algebraic Geometry and Birational Geometry. In particular the workshop will focus on connections to other branches of mathematics and open problems. There will be some colloquium style lectures as well as shorter research talks. The workshop is open to all.Show less
de Rham cohomology
Hochschild and cyclic cohomology
minimal model program
Algebraic moduli problems
moduli of vector bundles
Fine and coarse moduli spaces
Rational and birational map
derived categories of sheaves and related construction
Positive characteristic ground fields
classification: algebraic theory
and higher stacks
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has a preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Jan 28, 2019
Jan 29, 2019
Jan 30, 2019