|Registration Deadline:||February 15, 2019 5 months from now|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||October 15, 2018 20 days from now|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Benjamin Antieau (University of Illinois, Chicago)
- Kathryn Hess (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL))
- Mikhail Kapranov (Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe )
- János Kollár (Princeton University)
- Emanuele Macri (Northeastern University)
- Tony Pantev (University of Pennsylvania)
- Sam Raskin (University of Texas, Austin)
- Christian Schnell (State University of New York, Stony Brook)
- Karl Schwede (University of Utah)
- Carlos Simpson (Université Nice Sophia-Antipolis)
- Yuri Tschinkel (New York University, Courant Institute)
- Akshay Venkatesh (Stanford University)
- Claire Voisin (Collège de France)
- Chenyang Xu (Peking University)
The workshop will survey several areas of algebraic geometry, providing an introduction to the two main programs hosted by MSRI in Spring 2019. It will consist of 7 expository mini-courses and 7 separate lectures, each given by top experts in the field.
The focus of the workshop will be the recent progress in derived algebraic geometry, birational geometry and moduli spaces. The lectures will be aimed at a wide audience including advanced graduate students and postdocs with a background in algebraic geometry.Show less
stacks and higher stacks
de Rham cohomology
Hochschild and cyclic cohomology
minimal model program
positive characteristic methods
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has a preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (email@example.com).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.