2015 CME Group-MSRI Prize Announced
The 10th annual CME Group-MSRI Prize in Innovative Quantitative Applications will be awarded to DOUGLAS W. DIAMOND, Merton H. Miller Distinguished Service Professor of Finance at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business at a luncheon in Chicago on February 1, 2016.
The CME Group-MSRI Prize is awarded to an individual or a group to recognize originality and innovation in the use of mathematical, statistical or computational methods for the study of the behavior of markets, and more broadly of economics. A list of past winners can be found on the CME Group-MSRI Prize site.
Diamond’s research has focused on the study of financial intermediaries, financial crises, and liquidity. In addition to his tenure at the University of Chicago, he is the 2015-2016 Fischer Black Visiting Professor of Financial Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Sloan School of Management, a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and a visiting scholar at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. Diamond served as president of the American Finance Association and the Western Finance Association and is a fellow of the Econometric Society, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Finance Association. He received the Morgan Stanley-American Finance Association Award for Excellence in Finance in 2012.
Prior to the lunch and award presentation, a panel discussion on "Non-Bank Runs and Financial Crises" will be held with the following panelists:
- Mark Flannery, Bank of America Eminent Scholar Chair, Warrington College of Business, University of Florida; Director and Chief Economist Division of Economic and Risk Analysis, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Gary Gorton, Frederick Frank Class of 1954 Professor of Finance, Yale School of Management
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, John S. Osterweis Professor of Finance, Lacob Family Faculty Fellow for 2015-2016, Stanford School of Business
- Lawrence Schmidt, Assistant Professor in Economics and the College, University of Chicago
- Itay Goldstein, Joel S. Ehrenkranz Family Professor, Professor of Finance, Coordinator of PhD Program, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
2015 CME Group-MSRI Prize Selection Committee:
Medal awarded to the winner of the CME Group-MSRI Prize
The CME Center for Innovation’s mission is to identify, foster and showcase examples of significant innovation and creative thinking pertaining to markets, commerce or trade in the public and private sectors.