|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
This workshop will have a view to the future of a broad spectrum of topics including
- structure and classification of finite dimensional Lie algebras and superalgebras in characteristic p
- structure of infinite dimensional Lie algebras and their representations
- deformation theory of algebras, double constructions and elemental Lie algebras
- diagram algebras and combinatorial representation theory
- algebraic combinatorics of groups of Lie type:characters, Schur-Weyl duality, Bratteli diagrams, and McKay correspondences
- quantum groups and crystal bases, particularly for superalgebras and affine algebras
- examples of fusion categories arising from representations of Drinfeld doubles and other algebras
- cohomology for finite tensor categories with applications to its underlying geometry
This meeting will feature principal contributors in these areas in a celebration of the work of Georgia Benkart. With the same focus and tenacity that Georgia always had, we will strive to provide a conference full of beautiful mathematics, incredible inspiration, and the warmth of Georgia’s welcoming personality to our field and our community.
MSRI, now becoming the Simons Laufer Mathematical Sciences Institute, has been supported from its origins by the National Science Foundation, now joined by the National Security Agency, over 100 Academic Sponsor departments, by a range of private foundations, and by generous and farsighted individuals. This workshop receives additional support from the American Mathematical Society and the Association for Women in Mathematics.
key words Lie algebras