|Registration Deadline:||May 11, 2001 almost 20 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||February 07, 2001 about 20 years ago|
- Michael Anderson (State University of New York, Stony Brook)
- Olivier Biquard (École Normale Supérieure)
- Jean-Paul Brasselet
- Gilles Carron (Université de Nantes)
- C. Graham
- Daniel Grieser (Universität Oldenburg)
- Laszlo Lempert
- John Lott (University of California, Berkeley)
- Ryszard Nest
- Peter Perry
- Raphael Ponge
- Michael Shubin
- Boris Vaillant
- Andras Vasy (Stanford University)
- Xiaodong Wang
- Jared Wunsch (Northwestern University)
As part of the Spring 2001 program on Spectral Invariants, MSRI will host a one-week workshop on Geometric Scatttering Theory and Elliptic Theory on Noncompact and Singular Spaces. This workshop will focus on problems of a scattering theoretic nature for geometric operators on manifolds with asymptotically regular geometries, and also on spectral theory and related questions of invertibility of such operators on singular spaces. The emphasis will be on the consideration of new problems and the dissemination of new techniques.
Topics will include:
- scattering theory on manifolds with geometric structure at infinity
- scattering theory in the presence of stratified media
- propagation of singularities for solutions of the wave equation on the complement of obstacles with singularities
- the asymptotic distribution of resonances, and connections with the geometry at infinity
- L^2 and Hodge cohomology for complete and singular spaces
- index and elliptic theory on manifolds with corners and on stratified spaces
- index theory for non-classically elliptic operators, e.g. sub-elliptic operators in the Heisenberg calculus
- index theory for Fourier integral operators
- behaviour of global spectral-theoretic invariants under various types of geometric degeneration
- nonlinear elliptic asymptotic boundary problems
FUNDING APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 26, 2001Show less
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
May 07, 2001
May 08, 2001
May 09, 2001
May 10, 2001
May 11, 2001