|Registration Deadline:||December 06, 2002 about 12 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||September 02, 2002 over 12 years ago|
|Parent Program:||Commutative Algebra|
- Luchezar Avramov (University of Nebraska)
- Manuel Blickle (Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz)
- Steven Cutkosky (University of Missouri)
- Lawrence Ein (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Hubert Flenner
- Nobuo Hara (Tohoku University)
- Raymond Heitmann
- Melvin Hochster (University of Michigan)
- Eero Hyry
- T. Kawasaki
- K. Kurano
- Joseph Lipman (Purdue University)
- Grigory Mikhalkin (Université de Genève)
- Claudia Polini (University of Notre Dame)
- Christel Rotthaus
- Anurag Singh (University of Utah)
- Vasudevan Srinivas (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research)
- Irena Swanson (Reed College)
- Wolmer Vasconcelos
- Orlando Villamayor (Autonomous University of Madrid)
- Kei-ichi Watanabe (Nihon University)
This workshop will concentrate on several aspects of commutative algebra including birational algebra, tight closure and characteristic p methods, Rees algebra and their applications, intersection theory, multiplicities and mixed characteristic. The following speakers are expected to participate: L. Avramov, M. Blickle, S. Cutkosky, L. Ein, H. Flenner, N. Hara, R. Heitmann, M. Hochster, E. Hyry, T. Kawasaki, K. Kurano, J. Lipman, C. Polini, C. Rotthaus, A. Singh, N. Srinivas, I. Swanson, W. Vasconcelos, O. Villamayor, and K. Watanabe. For titles and abstracts, please see link below.
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Rose Garden Inn. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on Corporate at the bottom of the screen and when prompted enter code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code a new calendar will appear and will show MSRI rate on all room types available.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hotel Durant. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-238-7268. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. If you are making your reservations on line, please go to this link and enter the promo/corporate code MSRI123. Our preferred rate is $129 per night for a Deluxe Queen/King, based on availability.
Additional lodging options (short term housing page - Short Term Housing