|Registration Deadline:||March 21, 2012 about 11 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||December 21, 2011 over 11 years ago|
|Location:||Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley CA|
Show List of Speakers
- Deborah Ball (University of Michigan)
- Hyman Bass (University of Michigan)
- Sybilla Beckmann (University of Georgia)
- Ashli Black
- Jo Boaler (Stanford University)
- Brian Cohen
- David Cohen
- Amy Cohen-Corwin (Rutgers University)
- Philip Daro
- Wade Ellis (West Valley College)
- Susanna Epp (DePaul University)
- Megan Franke (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Sol Garfunkel (Consortium for Mathematics and Its Applications (COMAP))
- Imani Goffney (University of Maryland)
- Rochelle Gutierrez (University of Illinois)
- Farshid Hajir (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
- Patricio Herbst
- Mark Hoover (University of Michigan)
- Judith Jacobs
- Elham Kazemi
- William McCallum (University of Arizona)
- Emily McCullough (San Francisco State University)
- Juan Pablo Mejia Ramos
- Cody Patterson (University of Texas)
- Rheta Rubenstein
- Deborah Schifter
- Alan Schoenfeld (University of California, Berkeley)
- Meghan Shaughnessy (University of Michigan)
- Kara Suzuka (University of Hawaii at Manoa)
- Paola Sztajn
- Kristin Umland (University of New Mexico)
- Ellen Whitesides
The wide adoption of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM) offers a helpful curricular coherence to the environment of teacher education. And so the CCSSM present both an opportunity and a challenge to teacher education. An opportunity because of the greater focus made possible. A challenge because not only of the ambitious level of the CCSSM, but also of the prominent role in them of Mathematical Practices. While most mathematicians will find these congenial, much needs to be done to make them meaningfully understood by teachers and teacher educators, and, still more, how to enact them as an organic aspect of instruction. The CIME workshop aims to gather and stimulate ideas for how to meet this opportunity and challenge.
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.