|Registration Deadline:||May 16, 2014 over 7 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||February 12, 2014 almost 8 years ago|
|Location:||Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley CA|
- Antoine Chambert-Loir (Institut de Mathematiques de Jussieu)
- Zoé Chatzidakis (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS))
- Kirsten Eisentraeger (Pennsylvania State University)
- Julia Gordon (University of British Columbia)
- Deirdre Haskell (McMaster University)
- Harald Helfgott (Georg-August-Universität zu Göttingen)
- Ehud Hrushovski (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Jochen Koenigsmann (University of Oxford)
- François Loeser (Université de Paris VI (Pierre et Marie Curie))
- Maryanthe Malliaris (University of Chicago)
- Rahim Moosa (University of Waterloo)
- Anand Pillay (University of Notre Dame)
- Silvain Rideau (École Normale Supérieure)
- Damian Rössler (Université de Toulouse III (Paul Sabatier))
- Pierre Simon (University of California, Berkeley)
- Jacob Tsimerman (University of Toronto)
- Alex Wilkie (University of Oxford)
- Yimu Yin (Université de Paris VI (Pierre et Marie Curie))
- Boris Zilber (University of Oxford)
The workshop will feature talks in a range of topics where model theory interacts with other parts of mathematics, especially number theory and arithmetic geometry, including: motivic integration, algebraic dynamics, diophantine geometry, and valued fields.
Bibliography (PDF)Show less
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
May 12, 2014
May 13, 2014
May 14, 2014
May 15, 2014
May 16, 2014