|To apply for Funding you must register by:||March 11, 2015 over 6 years ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Nalini Anantharaman (Université de Strasbourg)
- Emmanuel Breuillard (Université de Paris XI)
- Marc Burger (ETH Zürich)
- Nicolas de Saxce (Université de Paris XIII (Paris-Nord))
- Alex Eskin (University of Chicago)
- Hillel Furstenberg (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Ilya Gekhtman (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn)
- Alexander Gorodnik (University of Bristol)
- Shirali Kadyrov (Nazarbayev University)
- Anatole Katok (Pennsylvania State University)
- François Ledrappier (University of Notre Dame)
- Han Li (Wesleyan University)
- Elon Lindenstrauss (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Michael Magee (Institute for Advanced Study)
- Gregory Margulis (Yale University)
- Maryam Mirzakhani (Stanford University)
- Amir Mohammadi (University of Texas, Austin)
- Hee Oh (Yale University)
- Jean-François Quint (Université de Bordeaux I)
- Federico Rodriguez Hertz (Pennsylvania State University)
- Alireza Salehi Golsefidy (University of California, San Diego)
- Uri Shapira (Technion---Israel Institute of Technology)
- Andreas Strombergsson (Uppsala University)
- Corinna Ulcigrai (University of Bristol)
- Peter Varju (University of Cambridge)
- Zhiren Wang (Pennsylvania State University)
- Lei Yang (University of Nevada)
The Advances in Homogeneous Dynamics workshop will feature the speakers whose work is at the forefront of the field. There will be a panel discussion accompanied by an open problem session to lay out possible directions for the research in homogeneous dynamics. Talks will be in a broad range of topics and this will help to build more connections between researchers interested in dynamical systems, number theory and geometry. For example we hope that the involvement of the participants of the other program held at MSRI during the same academic year (Dynamics on Moduli Spaces of Geometric Structures, Spring 2015) would create new connections between the topics. There will be shorter talks presented by early-career researchersShow less
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
May 11, 2015
May 12, 2015
May 13, 2015
May 14, 2015
May 15, 2015