Semigroups in semisimple groups
Introductory Workshop: Geometric and Arithmetic Aspects of Homogeneous Dynamics February 02, 2015 - February 06, 2015
Location: MSRI: Simons Auditorium
We will first explain three properties of a Zariski dense subsemigroups of a semisimple real Lie group:
- the existence of loxodromic elements,
- the convexity and non degeneracy of the limit cone,
- the density of the group spanned by the Jordan projection.
We will then explain how to deduce from them three limit theorems for a random walk on this semigroup:
- the law of large numbers,
- the central limit theorem,
- the local limit theorem.
If none of the options work for you, you can always buy the DVD of this lecture. The videos are sold at cost for $20USD (shipping included). Please Click Here to send an email to MSRI to purchase the DVD.
See more of our Streaming videos on our main VMath Videos page.