|Registration Deadline:||October 28, 2015 about 6 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||July 29, 2015 over 6 years ago|
|Location:||Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Washington, DC|
As part of the Mathematical Sciences Collaborative Diversity Initiatives, nine mathematics institutes are pleased to host their annual SACNAS pre-conference event, the 2015 Modern Math Workshop (MMW). The Modern Math Workshop is intended to encourage minority undergraduates to pursue careers in the mathematical sciences and to assist undergraduates, graduate students and recent PhD’s in building their research networks.
The Modern Math Workshop presents 2 mini-courses for undergraduates and talks related to the research programs at the math institutes that would be of interest to graduate students and early career researchers. The workshop culminates on Thursday, Oct. 29 with a plenary lecture by Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, President of UMBC (The University of Maryland, Baltimore County).
Funding to attend the MMW has been allocated.
Graduate students, postdocs and early career researchers may register to attend the MMW by sending a request to MMWemail@example.com (seating at the Workshop is now limited).
MMW General Schedule
MMW Mini-Courses for Undergraduate
Schedule of Graduate Student and Early Career Researchers Activities
Speakers at Math Institute Presentations, Part I & II
MMW Plenary Lecture by Dr. Freeman Hrabowski
- AIM (American Institute of Mathematics)
- IAS (Institute for Advanced Study)
- ICERM (Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics)
- IMA (Institute for Mathematics and its Applications)
- IPAM (Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- MBI (Mathematical Biosciences Institute)
- MSRI (Mathematical Sciences Research Institute)
- NIMBioS (National Institute for Mathematics and Biological Synthesis)
- SAMSI (Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute)
Oct 28, 2015
Oct 29, 2015