|Registration Deadline:||October 13, 2017 5 months ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||July 09, 2017 8 months ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Karim Adiprasito (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Federico Ardila (San Francisco State University)
- Alexander Barvinok (University of Michigan)
- Bruno Benedetti (University of Miami)
- Jesus De Loera (University of California, Davis)
- Laura Escobar (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Florian Frick (Cornell University)
- June Huh (Institute for Advanced Study)
- Katharina Jochemko (Royal Institute of Technology (KTH))
- Caroline Klivans (Brown University)
- Xue (Gaku) Liu (Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik in den Naturwissenschaften)
- Eran Nevo (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Igor Pak (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Alexander Postnikov (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Annie Raymond (University of Washington)
- Hugh Thomas (Université du Québec à Montréal)
- Cynthia Vinzant (North Carolina State University)
- Michelle Wachs (University of Miami)
- Uli Wagner (Institute of Science and Technology Austria)
- Lauren Williams (University of California, Berkeley)
This workshop will focus on the interaction between Combinatorics, Geometry and Topology, including recent developments and techniques in areas such as
-- polytopes and cell complexes,
-- simplicial complexes and higher order graph theory,
-- methods from equivariant topology and configuration spaces,
-- geometric combinatorics in optimization and social choice theory,
-- algebraic and algebro-geometric methods.
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has a preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Oct 09, 2017
Oct 10, 2017
Oct 11, 2017
Oct 12, 2017
Oct 13, 2017