|To apply for Funding you must register by:||July 14, 2019 over 3 years ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium|
- Nicolas Burq (Université de Paris XI)
- Tanya Christiansen (University of Missouri)
- Nguyen Viet Dang (Institut Camille Jordan)
- Frederic Faure (Université Grenoble Alpes (Université de Grenoble I - Joseph Fourier))
- Clotilde Fermanian Kammerer (Université Paris-Est Créteil Val-de-Marne)
- Jeffrey Galkowski (University College London)
- Damien Gayet (Université Grenoble Alpes (Université de Grenoble I - Joseph Fourier))
- Jesse Gell-Redman (University of Melbourne)
- Hamid Hezari (University of California, Irvine)
- Oana Ivanovici (Sorbonne University)
- Katya Krupchyk (University of California, Irvine)
- Fabricio Macia (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
- Rafe Mazzeo (Stanford University)
- Richard Melrose (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Mikko Salo (University of Jyväskylä)
- Alexander Strohmaier (University of Leeds)
- Xuwen Zhu (Northeastern University)
- Maciej Zworski (University of California, Berkeley)
Microlocal analysis provides tools for the precise analysis of problems arising in areas such as partial differential equations or integral geometry by working in the phase space, i.e. the cotangent bundle, of the underlying manifold. It has origins in areas such as quantum mechanics and hyperbolic equations, in addition to the development of a general PDE theory, and has expanded tremendously over the last 40 years to the analysis of singular spaces, integral geometry, nonlinear equations, scattering theory, hyperbolic dynamical systems, probability… As this description shows microlocal analysis has become a very broad area. Due to its breadth, it is a challenge for researchers to be aware of what is happening in other parts of the field, and the impact this may have in their own research area. The purpose of this workshop is thus to bring together researchers from different parts of microlocal analysis and its applications to facilitate the transfer of new ideas.
elliptic partial differential equations (PDE)
hyperbolic dynamical systems
quantum field theory
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Oct 14, 2019
Oct 15, 2019
Oct 16, 2019
Oct 17, 2019
Oct 18, 2019